Last Updated on
Home fires can cause a massive amount of property damage that cannot be easily restored due to soot, smoke and other contaminants and factors. Water damages caused by efforts to extinguish residential fires will also have a significant impact on the amount of money that must be paid for the successful restoration of your home. It is important to note, however, that these costs can often be reduced if homeowners take fast action to secure remediation services as soon as fires have been put out and properties have been cleared for entry.
The Average Cost Of Having Fire Damage Repaired
- If working with a fire damage restoration service is necessary, these repairs can range between $2,000 and $50,000 depending upon the magnitude of the damages in your home.
- Fire damage costs can vary quite a bit according to the value of damaged goods and the size of the fire among other factors. As per the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, fire damage repairs can cost in excess of $40,000 when homes lack sprinklers as compared to just $2,500 for homes that have sprinklers in place.
Low-End Fire Restoration Estimates:
- Repair costs of $2,000 or lower
High-End Fire Restoration Estimates:
- Repair costs of $50,000 or higher
What You Can Expect When Using Fire Damage Restoration Companies:
- If you have a fire or home insurance plan in place, let your insurance investigator review the scene and take pictures of all damages before you attempt to move any items or clean up.
- When possible, ventilate areas where water was used to extinguish fire as this will allow damp or saturated surfaces and items to start drying out even before the remediation service has arrived.
- Don’t try to clean carpets or any other items without professional assistance. You will not be able to clean these things thoroughly and you could wind up causing more harm than good in your self-directed efforts.
- Look for reputable fire and water damage restoration companies in your area.
- If the fire has been extinguished with water, dry rot and mold can appear quickly if damp or wet areas are left unchecked . This will likely require additional services and costs for mold remediation and dry rot repairs.
- Soot, smoke and ash can create a number of difficulties. The smell of smoke can permeate your flooring, walls and various items throughout the home and will prove difficult to remove. Soot and ash can also adhere to surfaces throughout the home and the chemical byproducts and acids that are found in these burned materials could create additional property damages.
For more information on the cost of fire damage restoration contact your local SERVPRO.